Introducing the Server-Side Swift Celebration! | raywenderlich.com

A chance to win books? I’m in! The books would help me learn something new. :slight_smile:

I’ve been holding off learning Server-Side Swift until there were a lot courses and tutorials before I dived in. It looks like now is a good time to dive in :heart_eyes:!

This is a fab addition to the collection, the original vapour series was fantastic.

Super cool. I primarily do backend development, so this should help learn the language without having to learn the paradigms simultaneously.

Take a luck to win this books and dive deeper to compare or just keep going on django or node.js

The mere existence of these two books about server-side development with Swift is a good sign that the language may achieve success in the data center. However, this will only happen if the developer community embraces the technology. Therefore, it is up to us, Swift believers, to start writing applications and put them in production on the Cloud so that cloud providers start taking notice. Thanks to Ray Wenderlich for supporting this initiative.

Let’s Celebrate :tada:

Really excited to see this new content! I’m working on an app now that will start out iOS-only, but I hope to expand to a web app with syncing in the future. This seemed like a daunting task because I stopped coding my own sites back in the early 2000s :grimacing:The prospect of being able to leverage my existing Swift knowledge is really intriguing and I can’t wait to learn more.

One of my goals this year is to become fluent in all things server side Swift. This bundle looks like the perfect way to achieve that goal! Great work, team.

Great stuff! It’s amazing to see how swift matured in the server !

I’ve already started playing with Vapor, I’m curious to know more about Kitura and its ORM, very interesting bundle I’d like to win :grin:

Why are you interested in our new server-side Swift books, courses and screencasts?

Let’s have some fun on server side also :wink:

Good job! Maybe I’ll try to build next project with Server-Side Swift backend :slight_smile:

This is GREAT. Im all on board to learn Server-Side Swift because I want to be able to code the full stack of my applications on the same language. More consistency, and more control and understanding over everything that happens on my apps

Nice work.
Thank you!

Ive been learning iOS development primarily through Raywenderlich’s videos and books. I have to say, this website is probably the best website for new developers trying to learning the fundamentals! I hope to win these books to improve on my development skills!

because of to divide frontend and backend is a antipattern; best ios developers must know server side !!!
nice work crew!

I want to leverage our iOS devs to help build backend services. So I would like to learn and teach others.

I have been playing around with Kitura for the last couple of weeks and I’d love to dive in even further on using Swift on the server side!

Great resource to learn Server side Swift using Vapor and Kitura. Can’t wait to get my hands on these awesome books.