Giveaway: Oculus Rift VR Headset | raywenderlich.com

We’re giving away one Oculus Rift headset and controller package — find out how to enter here!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/2212028-giveaway-oculus-rift-vr-headset
2 Likes

Why do you want to own the Oculus Rift?

#1: The most obvious reason, is because I would love to build interactive experiences in VR!
#2: I work in education, and VR is getting a lot of attention with Virtual Field Trips for the classroom, and some classrooms now have VR headsets.
#3: This is an amazing VR headset!! Great specs, would really be fun to own/wear and make development less annoying.
#4: i would love to contribute VR content to education.

Pick me, Pick me :slight_smile:

Because deep down inside I’m still a 10 year old boy and I want to make all my friends jealous that I have the latest awesome gadget and they don’t and I’m cool and they’re not. :smiley:

It‘s because the hardware is very expensive.To win would open the door to a magical new world that i always wanted to enter.

Because I would like to make my own app for vr but I don’t have one yet!!

Growing up in the 80’s movies and television made it seem like we were on the cusp of a VR revolution. Sadly our imaginations outpaced technology. Now I believe the technology has caught up with our dreams. I would love to immerse myself in VR to experience and imagine new ideas for gaming and other experiences we could share with one another.

I’ve always worked the graveyard shift
quit that job, now I’m learning Swift
Interested in learning VR as well
I’d be most grateful for this amazing gift!

Because I would love to start developing for VR!

I want to win it to start building immersive applications aimed at the health space!

Ofcourse playing around with VR in Unity would be tons of fun, but if I’m being completely honest, I just want to play No Man’s Sky and Subnautica in VR!

I would like to make—and play—VR games. Thanks!

I want to own the OR to make my VR development dreams a reality. Puns intended.:grin:

I want to try all the VR games! And of course, start developing them too!

Number 1 reason I want to own a Rift is because the technology is insanely cool and could love to start developing with it.

Number 2 reason is I think my kids would get a kick out of it.

Please pick me.

Because it’s a future for games and user experience for expanding, our consciousness. Make the next step in feelings and impressions, but don’t underestimate Oculus for only one reason, it’s huge size but when technology puts it functionality to Google Glass sizes this becomes the next generation for all of us. And when it’s time comes i want to be in forefront with experience to develop in the era of VR and AR!

Because I want to play VR games and develop my own VR/AR apps! I’d like to build VR stuff for people who has difficulty moving themselves around.

Access to hardware is invaluable to learning and developing for a platform. Would be a great piece of kit to have.

I believe that VR not only for games, but also could be helpful in other fields. I want to prove that.

This would make following “unity ar and vr by tutorials” much easier than without the headset :slight_smile: (got the course already)

I’ll definitely start learning VR if I win this.