Giveaway: Oculus Rift VR Headset | raywenderlich.com

Why do you want to own the Oculus Rift?
I grew up watching Star Trek and the holo-deck was the most magical thing to me, give a command and you can be anywhere. VR is the closest we’ve come to that technology, put on a headset, press a few buttons, and you can be anywhere. I’d like to explore the world, but travel is expensive. I want to explore space, but we’re not advanced enough as a civilization to allow that for me yet. Through VR though, I can at least experience a taste of those environments.

I have been learning how to program for the last decade and it has been an amazing journey. This year I actually am getting to put into practice everything that I’ve been learning as I am teaching game development at the high school. I know that my students would love to have to opportunity to develop for the Oculus Rift as it is still such an untapped market for developers.

I have been trying to get students to release their games to mobile and have been playing with VR and AR in Unity. Clearing out the tables from the middle of my room and setting up a virtual space for exploration and creation could help ignite some much needed interest in my program.

As a college educator in gaming, I think the Oculus Rift would help me expand my teachings within the VR space. It would be a great tool to use to allow students to learn how to program games in VR, well, after making them purchase your Unity AR & VR book first, of course. :blush:

The future of mobile technology is AR and the Oculus Rift would give me the opportunity to attempt to push my mobile understanding to a new level and create something that would help view the world in a different way. No longer been limited by the size of a screen but more by your own imagination, the possibilities are endless.

I’d love to try these with flight simulation research and development.

Because I want my own virtual world

Virtual Reality will change the world, it might be hard to see that now, but its impact on improving human lives is significant. Most people see VR demonstrated with video games or movies, but that is just 5% of its potential. I want to discover the other 95% with the Oculus Rift.

Because I would like to learn VR development and use it to create simulations and games.

Because I’ve had six VR HMDs and I’ve never tried Rift at all! ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I want to develop AR/VR apps for the same I need Oculus Rift.

I got a very brief demo at Best Buy when it first came out and I was blown away! It was the rock climbing app and although I kept falling off the mountain, I felt that someday I would be generously compensated in some unassuming way for all those times I perished. Thx RW for the opportunity :slight_smile:

to start making vr apps

Would love to learn and build vr games!

I’ve only used VR a pair of times for promotional and educational events. I’d love to try out the games and see if this is a field of programming that I’d be interested in.

Would love too pioneer and develop new VR Experiences. Also would like to become the Batman.

Because AR/VR is our future.

It’s very interesting, I would try develop something for this

It’s very interesting, I would try develop something for this !)

Why do I want to own the Oculus Rift ? Because it will help me to start learning VR on your website :slight_smile:

Why do you want to own the Oculus Rift? I think this quote from the film Ready Player One explains completely why I would like to develope on this platform if I had the opportunity to get my hands on an Oculus Rift - “For a bunch of hairless apes, we’ve actually managed to invent some pretty incredible things.” - Who would’ent want to create there own “Oasis”