Awesome tutorials btw.
I was attempting the challenge for chapter 2 and managed to reposition the mushroom just about using Euler values from the SceneKit node inspector (I didn’t do the blender mushroom tutorial, as I thought it would be a bit out of date since it was in the archive section, so I imported it as the .obj as suggested)
I was jumping for joy when I finally got the blasted thing right (well just about) and wanted compare with your challenge solution and for the life of me, I don’t get quite how you did without modifying any values for position and Euler.
Did I go wrong somewhere? Is there an easy way to modify the mushroom wireframe?
I may have cheated by editing in Blender!
I imported both the resources mushroom and the challenge mushroom into Blender to compare them. This was the result:
The one on the left is from the challenge playground and the one on the right from resources.
I would have scaled and rotated in Blender and then exported the obj.
The archived tutorial, btw, should be fine - I did go through it when writing this chapter, using, I think, v2.77, and Blender hasn’t changed that much through 2.79. But the new Blender 2.8 will be very different.
I’m glad you’re enjoying the book
Happy New Year! Thanks for the reply.
Oh dammit, I knew me not learning about Blender would bite me in the arse one day, I’ve been meaning to take a look at the tutorials. Guess there is no time like the present.
Yeah I’m really enjoying it, very challenging, I have to let some of the content stir in my mind a few days before I actually know what’s going on but it comes eventually.