Your First iOS and UIKit App - can't run app on my device

I’ve just gone through the Your First iOS and UIKit App course, as i can only go up to Xcode 10.3 on my MacBook.
https://www.raywenderlich.com/5993-your-first-ios-and-uikit-app/lessons/47

It’s a brilliant course and easy to follow, but when I got to the end, I can’t install the Bulls Eye app on to my iPhone 7 or iPhone XR

When I select my iPhone 7 or iPhone Xr and run build I get ‘Failed with exit code 1’ error - please help!!

**some more details of the error…Target Output

2020-06-13 22:37:14.221453+0100 BullsEye[17466:4813251] libMobileGestalt MobileGestalt.c:890: MGIsDeviceOneOfType is not supported on this platform.

2020-06-13 22:37:30.636385+0100 BullsEye[17466:4813701] [process_info] Exiting because our workspace host has disconnected.

Message from debugger: Terminated due to signal 15

– some error details from debugger…
CopySwiftLibs /Users/Mike/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/BullsEye-gcdsgmjjvvhdondbkdpliudwxcrp/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/BullsEye.app (in target: BullsEye)
cd /Users/Mike/Documents/Nahom/Coding/Xcode/2-03-strings/BullsEye
export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
export DEVELOPER_DIR=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
export SDKROOT=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS12.4.sdk

I’m not certain, but I’m very concerned by the reference to “iPhoneOS12.4.sdk” in the SDKROOT environment variable. The target device (your iPhone 7 or XR) must be running IOS 13 for SwiftUI to work. Even if it is, it looks like you’re linking Bullseye against 12.4, which is going to be a problem.

@mike333 Do you still have issues with this?

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.