xCode help with auto-sizing iPads

I’m a novice - I built my first iPad app and it works fine on the smaller 9.7 iPads but does not resize for the larger iPads. How can I fix this? Do you know if a developer can publish 2 apps very similar with one with bigger graphics on the iTunes App Store? Tweaked for the larger iPads. Months of work came to a dead stop, Thanks Mark Herrick

Hi @sparky121, welcome to the Ray Wenderlich forum community! Are you setting the constraints programmatically or with a storyboard? Have you tried testing the app on the larger iPads with the simulator or real devices? As for having 2 apps on the app store that are similar, I would try to avoid submitting two similar apps as a best practice, and to avoid rejections if Apple discovers that a previous app has similar features or designs. I’d also suspect that having one app that does what both can do would be less confusing for your users.

Best,
Gina

1 Like

Thanks for replying Gina - I did try to set the constraints in storyboard but it seem to dislocate them

as I went on within the program. I needed precise areas set for the keyboard layouts. It wanted to

convensate and auto-adjust these buttons which screwed it all up. When I left the constraints off the

program ran ok on my 9.7. I didn’t know if a real larger iPad 12 would do the resizing or not.

The program is still in Beta testing on the App Store. Do you own an iPad?

Its a shame to have this so close to being finished and yet not make it.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Mark

@sparky121 Do you still have issues with this?

Yes! Thanks for replying. My app has several keyboards - Pianos on different view controllers. Do I need to add constraints on every page and then add them again for each different sized iPad?
Mark

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.