Where can I get assistance if my Xamarin iOS app was rejected by Apple?

My company is developing a set of 2 applications using Xamarin.

The two apps are for a “Producer” and a “Driver”.

Producers will request a pickup of a commodity. This request is assigned to a Driver by my company and the Driver will follow directions to get to the Producer, pick up the load, and then transport the item to the destination.

The Producer App gives the Producer visibility of where the Driver is and the web app that allows us to see where the Drivers are.

Both apps were successfully posted to the Google Play Store. The Producer was accepted by Apple, but the Driver app was rejected.

Guideline 2.5.4 - Performance - Software Requirements

We noticed that your app declares support for location in the UIBackgroundModes key in your Info.plist file but does not have any features that require persistent location. Specifically, your app uses location background mode for the sole purpose of tracking employees, which is not appropriate on the App Store.

** Next Steps**

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to include additional features for your users that require the persistent use of real-time location updates while the app is in the background.

Drivers are not employees, but independent contractors. They don’t have to use the app, but using it DOES give benefit to both Farmers and Drivers; Drivers can submit invoices directly from the app and can then get paid sooner. The Drivers are not our employees, they work for themselves. They don’t have to use the app. We do ask for permissions.

Many things have been suggested to me:

1. Use a TSI (Tech call) ask Apple for assistance. But we are not having problems with iOS frameworks, but with getting accepted to the app store. Will this do any good.

2. File an appeal. We have almost finished the wording of an appeal and would add a few pictures and maybe a video, trying to demonstrate why background location tracking is important, and how the apps benefit farmers and drivers.

3. Call Apple. I don’t think there is a way to do this. Apple might call us, but I understand we cannot just call someone and talk to them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @bryanschmiedeler,
I had contracted for a company here in Australia that did something similar across Australia for Fresh Food, Milk and Bread and groceries. The apps were native but yes we had the same two types, one for the users to make purchases and place orders, where as the driver app was distributed to our drivers who used to be Franchisees, you may also call them contractors, but was not on the App store, instead distributed with an Enterprise signing cert.

See if that helps you, if not we can discuss this further or offline

cheers,

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.