Kodeco Forums

Unreal Engine 4 UI Tutorial

In this Unreal Engine 4 UI tutorial, you will learn how to create, display and update a HUD.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/167227/unreal-engine-4-ui-tutorial

I don’t know whether I have put this in the right place, but I am working my way through these tutorials and come across a problem with this particular tutorial.

I downloaded the geometrycatcher zip file and loaded it in Unreal but when I got to adding the T-Timer file to the project, it didn’t come up like the T_Counter. Looking at the details, it shows as Curve Atlas file, not a Texture so all I get is a big white square image. I would create a new texture file to replace it but I haven’t learnt that yet lol.

@tommytran Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi hotluck,

Which part of the tutorial are you having trouble with? The images are already in the project so you shouldn’t need to add anything to the project.

I wasn’t adding anything to the project. I had got to the part of the tutorial where I was adding the image t_timer to the project (like I had with t_counter) but it just showed a white block instead of the image. When I checked both files, t_counter showed as a texture but t_timer showed as a curve atlas. I’m presuming it should have been a texture like t_counter. (I’m talking about in the design bit)
EDIT I have now included a screenshot. This box appears when I click the drop-down next to image. This didn’t happen with t_counter. I guessed to go to the UI folder and select t_timer but that didn’t work. What is wrong?
t_timer

@tommytran Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!