UISplitViewController Tutorial: Getting Started | raywenderlich.com

Learn how to split your iOS app into two sections and display a view controller on each side in this UISplitViewController tutorial.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4613809-uisplitviewcontroller-tutorial-getting-started

I really enjoyed this tutorial, smart and self-contained. The other split view tutorial in the iOS apprentice book comes at the end of a very long store app. So it is refreshing to see the things from another light.

question: If I want the portrait mode to show only the table view on the iPad when starting then tap on a row to see the detail page… is there a code shortcut for this, like in the hideMasterPane() function?

@adamrush please have a look at this.

Hello multitudes,

Thanks so much for the feedback and I am glad you like the tutorial. You will be pleased to know we’re making updates to iOS Apprentice too :]

In regards to your question, can you please explain further? Do you mean is there a way to only display the TableView (The Master-View-Controller) when tapping a row and not on first launch?

I look forward to helping you going forward.

~Adam

Hi, not sure if i’m missing something, but part way through you say to ’ Go to SceneDelegate.swift and replace the implementation of scene(_:willConnectTo:options:) with the following:’ i can’t see where we first created SceneDelegate and what else it has in that file? Again, sorry if i missed it but i’ve looked through a few times to see if it’s mentioned anywhere before.

@adamrush Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!