Share your custom Super Soy Boy levels! (Here's one to try)

If you’ve completed the “Saving Data” chapter where you learn how to save and load custom data for your games, why not try create a custom level for Super Soy Boy using the editor and share the .JSON file here for others to play?

I created a quick custom level with a few jump and wall sliding challenges. Here is my attempt at a few runs for the best possible time…

The best I could do was 25.05 seconds. Can you beat that? I’ve attached the level .JSON file to download. Just place it in your “Assets” folder if you’re playing in the editor, or in the Data folder if you’re playing a built version of the game. Post your fastest times here :smiley:

Download the level file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/450727/Shogan-challenge-1.json

4 Likes

Where can I DL the Shogun challenge level? The Dropbox link shows that it is no longer there. I just completed chapter 14 and would love to try it out!

Thanks!

Hi Jason, well done on completing the chapter!

Here’s a new link to download it. Seems Dropbox changed permissions on the URL for the other download…

Cheers!

Thank you for the very rapid response! I have the level loaded and have been enjoying it all morning :-]
Best time so far: 16.54. I should mention, I built in support for an Xbox 360 controller and it is much easier for me to cruise the levels with that vs. using the keyboard (which is also supported.

Also, my apologies for incorrectly spelling your name. My brain automatically read it as Shogun.

Super Soy Boy was a very fun project. I am looking forward to more Unity tutorials from you.

Thanks Shog-A-n! ;-p

Hey Jason,

Great! I’m glad you got it working. Also kudos on getting your 360 controller working. The game is at least twice as fun on a gamepad!

Also thanks for noticing the spelling of my handle! Most people leave it at Shogun. Haha!

NP!

As for the 360 controller, I have been building all of the projects to utilize that as well as the keyboard. The most challenging was bobblehead wars, getting the character to rotate nicely through use of the right joystick. My goal is to enter into the game development industry in a professional capacity, so I felt that gamepad control was a must. I recently finished a training program that culminated with a 3D Mario clone and that is where I decided to expand my abilities beyond mouse and keyboard. If you are interested and have the time, I would gladly share the final Mario clone (that successfully earned me the certification I was striving for) build with you and/or the Ray Wenderlich team. I would love to have the review/feedback from additional skilled and experienced developers!
Cheers!
Jason