RxSwift book playgrounds issues

Hi.

The bootstrap.sh did work for me for a couple of reasons. My cocoa pods version is currently 1.7 and that cleared up all the build issues of the Xcode project-based chapter data. But for the bootstrap.sh file, that didn’t help. I don’t use the ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData, because this data is useful for debug, so I keep it locally to the build in “./dd”.

#rm -rf ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/RxSwiftPlayground-* 2> /dev/null
rm -rf ./dd/RxSwiftPlayground-* 2> /dev/null

Also, these can be updated:
rm -rf ./RxSwiftPlayground.xcworkspace/xcuserdata
rm -rf ./Libs

Also, also: the cat of the xcschememanagement.plist file should be before the build is run.
cat > “$XCUSERDATA/xcschememanagement.plist” <<EOF

Build RxSwift

info “:construction: Building RxSwift …”
xcodebuild build -scheme RxSwift -workspace RxSwiftPlayground.xcworkspace -sdk iphonesimulator -destination “name=iPhone 8” &> build.log & BUILDPID=$!
loader $BUILDPID

Now it all works and I only get warnings for the swift 5 build when I startup in Xcode
Version 10.2.1 (10E1001)

If this helps anyone, great, if not, I’m sure there’s always another way.

It may have worked in the past, but removing the Rx.playground from the libs and Libs areas removes that reference in the RxSwiftPlayground.xcworkspace and that seems to me will never work, so commented it out.

Remove Rx.playground to avoid confusing readers. Its reference ID is C8D2C1501D4F3CD6006E2431.

#rm -rf ./libs/RxSwift/Rx.playground
#rm -rf ./Libs/RxSwift/Rx.playground
sed -i ‘’ ‘/^.C8D2C1501D4F3CD6006E2431.$/d’ Libs/RxSwift/Rx.xcodeproj/project.pbxproj

@kstars Thank you for sharing your solution - much appreciated! :]

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.