Requesting App Ratings and Reviews Tutorial for iOS | raywenderlich.com

In this tutorial, you’ll learn about requesting app ratings and reviews in your iOS applications using SKStoreReviewController and other available APIs.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/9009-requesting-app-ratings-and-reviews-tutorial-for-ios

Hi,

@sanketfirodiya. Great tutorial. Thanks

@awaisfayyazbp Really glad you like it. Cheers! :]

Hi, as SKStoreReviewController.requestReview() only has a chance of displaying, i.e. not a 100% likelihood, this in combination with only attempting to show it once per app version, would mean the alert being unlikely to ever be displayed. The only way around this I think would be to only set the app version when the alert has been successfully displayed to the user, but as far as I know the app never actually gets told this. Is this correct? Am I missing something?

@sanketfirodiya Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@afox381 that is correct, the system doesn’t give any feedback as to whether the alert actually got displayed or not. Although, I don’t think it’s “unlikely that the alert is ever displayed”. If you follow the guidelines i.e. attempt only once per app version, at an appropriate time, it should work fine.

Great tutorial @sanketfirodiya
Why don’t you check user iOS version before calling SKStoreReviewController.requestReview() ?
What if a user has an older iOS version? May we get a crash?

@sanketfirodiya Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@andrey0405 that’s a good point. The iOS version should be checked before using this api. The reason we don’t do it in this case is the deployment target for our project is iOS 12, so the api is guaranteed to be supported.

Hi, I didn’t get the whole thing, so as I understand, by default it is possible to ask review for the same version of the app, am I right?

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!