React Native Tutorial: Building Apps with JavaScript

Hi there.

Great tutorial. As an iOS/Xcode lover, I think itā€™s full of promises as itā€™s frustrating to develop everything again for Android.

I would have been interested in having more details bout this part of the code though:

constructor(props) {
super(props);
var dataSource = new ListView.DataSource(
{rowHasChanged: (r1, r2) => r1.lister_url !== r2.lister_url});
this.state = {
dataSource: dataSource.cloneWithRows(this.props.listings)
};
}

Hey man have you figured this out? I just hit the same problem you did. Any ideas on what we did wrong? All i did was copy and paste the code they gave us. So why isnā€™t the Location button showing up?

I got this error as well. It ended up just being a restart/rebuild fix. Try restarting react-native in the terminal. Then re-opening the app in x-code and rebuilding again.

Go to the folder where your app lives in the terminal and run this in the terminal command line interface:

react-native start

Then reopen the appā€™s X-Code project file in X-Code and rebuild.

That fixed this issue for me.

Fantastic tutorial. Thank you so much.

Love the tutorial, thank you for the efforts.
But when I re-visted the tutorial, I noticed that there is missing code in the snippets. Something changedā€¦

@tomelliott Could you kindly look at itā€¦Thank you. :slight_smile:

@cgraffeo I removed flex from the style of the location button and it worked.

Thanks for the easy and quick introduction to React.I find it very useful.

Regards,
ReactJS Online Training

Thanks for this tutorial! Itā€™s a great intro to React Native on iOS.

I had a couple of hiccups likely due to API changes, but I got it all working in the end.

Cheers.

Hi Tom. Thanks for sharing the easy and quick introduction to ReactJS with piece of codes and screen shots. I find it very useful.

Best Regards,
ReactJS Online Training in Hyderbad

How does the react work under the hood?
Same as nativescript, does it run on v8?

Cordova/Phonegap lets us build a mobile application without the native programming language; instead we can use a framework like jQuery Mobile. It will compile your app using the platformā€™s SDK and will be ready to install on the platform it supports including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry and Web OS.

We can also create management application and Admin panel in Clicks without knowledge of programming and in 90% less time

This thread is for the tutorialā€™s older version. Please post your questions and issues regarding the tutorialā€™s current version over here from now on instead:

Thank you! :]