Kodeco Forums

Raspberry Pi Airplay Tutorial

A tutorial that guides you through setting up a Raspberry Pi AirPlay receiver. It then shows you how to use a Raspberry Pi as a web server.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/2615-raspberry-pi-airplay-tutorial

I hate posing a comment to a thread this old, but I’m having a problem. I gt everything done right up until Setting up the receiver, then I get the following:

Package openssl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing openssl.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'openssl' found Package ao was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing ao.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘ao’ found
Package openssl was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing openssl.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'openssl' found Package ao was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing ao.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘ao’ found
cc -O2 -Wall -DHAIRTUNES_STANDALONE hairtunes.c alac.o -o hairtunes -lm -lpthread
hairtunes.c:37:25: fatal error: openssl/aes.h: No such file or directory
#include <openssl/aes.h>
^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:7: recipe for target ‘hairtunes’ failed
make: *** [hairtunes] Error 1

I appreciate you helping this noob out!

You may have figured this out, but try installing libssl-dev and libao-dev.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]