Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group

Please refund my cancelled renewal subscription!

Hello,

I’ve never had to complain about Ray Wenderlich site until today. And I have used Ray’s site a lot in the early days 2012. These days I just come back now and again. And if I need to pay for month subscription here and there. I will happily do so. Which I did last month for some swift UI video. I think I did not even watch all of it.

Any howm I get a notice the subscription charge has been made to my account. I instantly cancel it (within the 24-48hr time frame) and ask that it be refunded.

The answer I have from support is "We do allow our customers to cancel at any time and still receive video access through the end of the billing cycle, but we do not provide refunds for unused access time. Most subscription-based services do the same. I do understand that it’s frustrating that you forgot to cancel the subscription before the end of the billing cycle - I have done that with other websites before. "

Which is fair, except when its in error, a renewal notice and you cancel right away. And you cannot get a refund! The justification is that the internet does this, so it ok for Ray to behave this way!

This is not acceptable business practice. When a subscription rolls over and you phone up in the 24/48hr period the company will reimburse you (CraveTV did this for me) so Its not a normal practice for quality content providers. They know that you will probably come back when you need to, and you won’t write negative comments how you feel they are ‘money grabbing’ at every opportunity.

I always felt that Ray is one of the good guys, but it seems that people now helping him run the company don’t hold those high ideals.

What ever happened to quality customer service.

For now I am an ex-raywenderlich user.

1 Like

@katiecollins Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi there,

I’m sorry you’re upset by this :[

Unfortunately we do not allow refunds on our monthly subscription service. All our video subscriptions are automatically renewing and subscription charges are non-refundable. If you subscribe monthly, you’ll be charged on the same day each month. You will be charged regularly until you cancel your subscription, but you may cancel at any time. If you cancel you will keep your video access until the end of your current billing period.

This is stated on our FAQ page on our site here:

https://help.raywenderlich.com/faq#faq9

I’m unsure what you mean when you say ‘it’s in error’. Once you’ve received the invoice from Paddle, this means you have already reached the next billing cycle so unfortunately you cannot get a refund for the previous billing period.

I’m sorry you’re upset, this is definitely not our intention but we do have a clearly stated policy on our subscriptions - please see the link above.

Please let me know if you have any further questions here.

Thanks,
Katie