Mobi version of book for kindle?

is there somewhere i can get the book in a format suitable for my kindle?

thanks

1 Like

Doesn’t Kindle support EPUB? I thought it did … If you need MOBI format specifically, you could see if something like Calibre can convert the EPUB version to MOBI perhaps?

i tried that but the formatting goes to crap

is there any chance of the authors / publishers creating that as an option along with PDF and EPUB?

thanks

btw i hope i’m not coming across all whiney and stuff - the book is really really great and is helping me transfer my skills really well so thanks much for that :slight_smile:

Did you try converting the EPUB book? I tried converting the EPUB version and the formatting was OK - at least for the first few pages that I looked at.

I can’t tell you if a MOBI format will be supported by RayWenderlich.com in the future or not since it would probably take a fair amount of work behind the scenes to add support for a new format, but I will pass on your request.

fahim, i did try yes and the text came across fine, the trouble started with the code formatting - it became almost unreadable due to the loss of formatting and indentation etc

i only ask because it would be really nice to be able to go read the text through again without having to be in front of my computer - which is why i bought a kindle to begin with :slight_smile:

fahim - i tried again and used azw3 as the output and now it works fine - thanks again :slight_smile:

Great! I’m glad that you were able to sort it out :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.