Kodeco Forums

macOS View Controllers Tutorial

In this macOS view controllers tutorial you'll discover the wide range of functionality that is baked into vanilla view controllers, along with learning how you can create your own view controller subclasses to build up your app in an easy-to-understand manner.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/704-macos-view-controllers-tutorial

Thankyou, thank you! for a comprehensive up-to-date tutorial for those of us still trying to code for macOS. I understand the appeal of iOS but trying to"convert" the iOS tutorials for use on macOS is frustrating and makes us feel under-loved ;-). I haven’t been thru this one yet, but just seeing a discussion of constraints and doing something with webView really hits the spot for me. thanks, Gary

Thank you for this. It’s quite rare for everything in a tutorial to work first time and without some tweaking because of some recent change in the language. Also for the guidance on restraints which I’ve usually managed to bungle in the past. Everything you read about Storyboards seems to be IOS related, and with the option to not use storyboards missing from the latest Xcode, as a Mac developer I’ve been apprehensive about having to learn a new technology.

Thank you for the great tutorial!

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]