Latest Version? Core_Data_by_Tutorials_v5

Right of the bat I have found NUMEROUS BASIC ERRORS.
page 24 on
alert.addAction(saveAction) // There was no reference in creating a Func SafeAction()

page 23
func tableView(_ tableView: UITableView, cellForRowAt indexPath: IndexPath) → UITableViewCell {

let person = people[indexPath.row] // this line was completely OMITED from Chapter 1 I am puzzled that no where there is this reference. HAVE I DOWNLOADED THE WRONG PDF??

let cell = tableView.dequeueReusableCell(withIdentifier: "Cell", for: indexPath)
cell.textLabel?.text = person.value(forKeyPath: "name") as? String
return cell

}
}
Then on page 24 it states

Every time you tap the Add button, this method will present a UIAlertController with a text field and two buttons: Save and Cancel.

Save inserts the text fields current text into the names array then reloads the table view. Since the names array is the model backing the table view, whatever you type into the text field will appear in the table view.

Finally, build and run your app for the first time. Next, tap the Add button. The alert controller will look like this:

How Can This Run With These Errors That I Have Pointed Out.
Have Downed The Latest Version?? For this seems more like a Early Alfa Release For TESTERS TO CHECK.
I am very disappointed in such SILLY Mistakes and I am scared to continue to finding more errors. Is there a later version with mistakes have been corrected???
Thank you ahead of time for double checking and replying.
Please double check that my page reference is in reference to the latest release.
Robert

PS
Also when it says Run Project. Why are there so many errors? This is by no means a RayWenderlich Course.

There is another error
/Users/hcri50/Dropbox/_RayCoreData/PDF/Chapter1/HitList/HitList/ViewController.swift:52:1: Type ‘ViewController’ does not conform to protocol ‘UITableViewDataSource’
For the only way it could run is with the missing

func numberOfSections(in tableView: UITableView) -> Int

Finally, build and run your app for the first time.
You will see that the code looks very different from the book. If there is an updated version, cam I please have a copy forwarded or the download link should be updated with a NEWER VERSION OF PDF

@pietrorea Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.