iPad Pro app crash...works everywhere else

I have an app the only crashes on a real iPad Pro. It runs fine on any simulator and on non-Pro iPads and all iPhones.

Here are some messages that appear:

[ApplicationLifecycle] Windows were created before application initialzation completed. This may result in incorrect visual appearance.

warning: could not execute support code to read Objective-C class data in the process. This may reduce the quality of type information available.

EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1

The crash happens when trying to execute an IBAction method in which there are hundreds of thousands of computations, but this same method works fine on other devices with less horsepower than the iPad Pro.

Here’s what seems like a strange item in Thread 1 Queue: com.apple.main-thread (serial) immediately before the call to the offending method: 1_NSThreadPerformPerform and 2_CFRUNLOOP_IS_CALLING_OUT_TO_A_SOURCE0_PERFORM_FUNCTION_

BTW, in this app that crashes I use CorePlot, but every other app I have that also use CorePlot work perfectly well on the iPad Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi @myoung,
it is difficult to debug based on descriptions, even the debug output sometimes can be a bit cryptic and vague. It is always easier to look at the code and determine the problem. If you can share the code, you can get some feedback on how to resolve the problem.

Cheers,

Jayant

I’d be happy to share the code. Nothing fancy here but the amount of code is pretty daunting to put in a message here.

If anyone would like to see the entire app code, I would be more than willing to send it. If you could take a look at it, please send me an email address to my email at mike@msyapps.com.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.