Kodeco Forums

iOS Animation Tutorial: Getting Started

Learn how to use the UIView animation API to create cool animations - animatable properties, easing, animation options, and more!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/363-ios-animation-tutorial-getting-started

Hi, the tutorial is awesome, but I have encountered a problem while I followed the code: the position of the controls in viewWillAppear doesnโ€™t work (I try to print the x value of the center of the label or button, it is OK, but the position in the simulator is still the initial one), however, the code in viewDidAppear works fine! If I put the code like heading.center.x -= view.bounds.width in viewDidAppear the animation will looks wried. Why the result differs in my code? Thanks very much for your tutorial and the help!

And my development environment is XCode 9.2 and iOS 11, thanks very much!

Hi, Great tutorial on animation. Got me started. I also been following Rayโ€™s course on Udemy. Iโ€™m trying to have have similar effect for elements inside a StackView but getting very strange results. I suspect there is some difference in coordinates system for elements nested inside stackviews.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!