Kodeco Forums

Introduction to Unity Timeline

Games often use cut scenes to engage the player and tell parts of the story. The Unity Timeline allows you to harness your in engine assets to create highly customised cut-scenes.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5315-introduction-to-unity-timeline

Thanks for the tutorial. I found it helpful and easy to follow.

One minor issue I encountered is that ChestLid.gif appears to be used twice โ€“ it doesnโ€™t seem to match the text above it in the second instance (i.e. right after the text โ€œFinally, set Camera4โ€˜s Y Position to 3.74:โ€.

@anthonyuccello Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Thanks for the heads up!

I suspect the walk animation going past the treasure chest instead of stopping in front of it, is not due to a bug. The Walk animation itself is moving the character forward. I corrected this by selecting the walk animation itself and then , in the Inspector, checking the Bake into Pose box under Root Transform Position (XZ)

Thank you for the tutorial.

@chicorama Thank you for sharing your solution - much appreciated!

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!