How to replace buttons with other buttons as seen in iPhone camera app

Hello

I wanted to create a control where upon clicking a button on a tool bar the other buttons would disappear and a new set of controls will open up. This sort of effect can be seen when clicking the flash icon in the iPhone camera app.

What I’m wondering is what is the best way to go about developing this? Would it be better to place a view on top of the current view? All the solutions I can think of seem to have issues I don’t know how to overcome.

Thanks in advance

I’m going to have to guess that the solutions you have thought up aren’t the solution I’m thinking up…

When you use a control on one toolbar how about animating a new toolbar (or a view that just looks like a toolbar) containing the buttons you want up and over the top of the existing toolbar? It seems like a good choice given that the toolbar replacing the main toolbar is a temporary change of controls and will revert back to the original - so it is a good cue to the user to see it animating in and then out again.

I did think of that solution but wasn’t sure if that was the most practical way going about this issue. Will look to attempt that solution.

Thanks for the help