Errata for Flutter Apprentice 2nd Edition

IMG_20211017_201657_596

IMG_20211017_201734_250

@iphie_flutter
Did you add the asset folder in the pubspec.yaml?

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 4.21.30 PM

Yes I did , I added the assets/ to pubspec.yaml
IMG_20211018_192212_699

@iphie_flutter did you make sure your assets folders have those images?

You can get them at the root folder of /02-hello-folder

Here:

If this doesnā€™t work, I would check the final project to see if you have the same issue. Thanks!

Of course yes, the asset folder has the images and I copied the asset folder from the GitHub link you just posted which is part of the book materials.
IMG_20211019_095429_694

@iphie_flutter please try running the final project to see if it works. If it doesnā€™t you can upload your github project and iā€™ll check it out.

Sorry for late response, I have uploaded it on my GitHub , my username:ify1101.

@iphie_flutter I just tested your project here GitHub - ify1101/recipes and it works fine in the emulator. Are you trying to run it on a device?

@iphie_flutter ā€¦ did you run flutter pub get in the terminal after adding your assets folder in pubspec.yaml? That could explain why it does NOT work for you but does work for @funkyboy.

1 Like

Thanks @jefff9511 i just ran flutter pub get and its working :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:, thanks also @jomoka

2 Likes

Chapter -1
1.2 Flutterā€™s history
It runs directly on the GPU using Vulcan on Android
It should be Vulkan.

Hi there is a typo in ā€œGetting startedā€ section in this sentence " One thing Flutter is not is a language." ,
as you can see there is an extra is.

Hi, Iā€™ve spotted a couple of typos:

1. Chapter 2, ā€œ2.2. Making the app yoursā€
    It says: ā€œFor even bigger changes, like adding dependencies or assets, you need to a full build and run.ā€
    I believe it should say ā€œā€¦you need a full build and run.ā€
  2. Chapter 2, ā€œ2.4 Building a recipe listā€
    It says: ā€œTo add them, go to Finder and copy the assets folder from the top level of 02-hello-flutter in the book materials of your projectā€™s folder structure.ā€
    I believe it should say ā€œā€¦ to your projectā€™s folder structure.ā€

Thanks!

Thanks @aliyoussef97 and @popodi and welcome to the community! This is very timely as I am making updates right at the moment, and those will be in our next release!

On Chapter 3, the last card had a set of Chip widgets in a Wrap. It has the spacing argument set to 12 but no runSpacing defined. When I add more chips to see the wrapping it works fine, but the rows are squished even though the example screenshot is not that way. Iā€™m thinking the runSpacing got left out of the code by accident. When I added runSpacing: 12 it displayed just like the screenshot.

thanks @grading-retainer will have a look at this in our up coming update

Hey team, Iā€™m on Section 3 - Navigating between screens, and I think there is a typo on the diagrams related to Navigation 2.0 they are in

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 15.05.44

Both say RouteInformation Provider and I think the second should be RouterInformation Parser right?

Regards!

@fdorado985 that is correct, someone listed the same error above. We will get this very soon in the next update! Thanks for catching the same error!

The Flutter Fix feature, introduced in Flutter 2, combines a Dart command-line tool with changes suggested by the Dart analyzer to automatically clean up deprecated APIs in your codebase.
This feature has also been added to IDE plugins for Flutter (2.0) and Dart (2.12). Depending on the IDE, these automated updates are called quick-fixes or code actions.

TelltheBell