Create a Drawing App With PencilKit | raywenderlich.com

<p>See how to get started with the recently announced PencilKit in iOS 13 bringing great pencil experiences to your apps.</p>

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/6275408-create-a-drawing-app-with-pencilkit

Is there anyway to capture the data from the PKDrawing, share that across a network to a macOS app, then have it displayed elsewhere along with the app on an iPad?

Hi @rjhancock. PKDrawing holds the user-drawn content. You can save this data if you wanted to your application documents directory similar to other data types on iOS. I imagine that because you can do this with other apps relying on iCloud (e.g. note taking app), then what you describe should be very possible.

I hope that helps. Feel free to reach out with more questions and let us know if you do end up getting a prototype working with PencilKit!

I was thinking more real time between companion apps. Iโ€™ve been looking into a presentation style app where the presenter has the iPad with the output being shown via a projector from an A/V booth. In our case, running cables is not an option.

JWFC,
Thanks so much this is good stuff. To be I was just exposed to the library and your video an hour ago so I had no knowledge of this before.
Do you think there will ever be a iPhone with a pen ?
Does PK have and scalar vector graphics capability ?
Thanks again

@jwfc Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@artnyoga. Sorry for the late reply. I really donโ€™t know if weโ€™ll ever have iPhone support with an Apple Pencil, but it seems like if we do get it one day it will be easy to have framework support.

To draw programmatically with vector graphics you should check out drawing with UIKit or Core Graphics.

@code_with_chris Do you still have issues with this?