Coordinator Design Pattern: Simplifying View Controllers | raywenderlich.com

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1876492-coordinator-design-pattern-simplifying-view-controllers

I really liked Paul Hudsons approach on Coordinators with the Storyboarded protocol: How to use the coordinator pattern in iOS apps – Hacking with Swift

@qmlearner2011 Thank you for sharing this - is there anything in particular that you found difficult to understand in this screencast?

Hi! Firstly, I’d like to thank you for your super interesting screencast. :slight_smile: However, as a beginner I don’t really understand why you create an optional variable kanjiListViewController when you don’t really use it anywhere (at 4:30). Is there any purpose behind that or could I simply skip the optional variable? Thanks for your help. :+1:t2:

Hi Josh! Where should network requests lie o this paradigm? I mean, considering I’m using MVC-C, let’s say I need to hit an endpoint to get items to populate my tableView. Should it be the coordinator responsibility or is it the viewController’s ?

@hococoder Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]