Chapter 25: kotlin/native

Hi
I’m wish to print ‘hello’ from main using konanc -o hello hello.kt. Te following from terminal: bash: konanc: command not found
???

Hi! Can you confirm that you downloaded the correct version and added it to your path? https://www.raywenderlich.com/books/kotlin-apprentice/v2.0/chapters/25-kotlin-native#toc-chapter-028-anchor-002

Thank you for your prompt response Victoria,

From GitHub: 1.5.10
Command: export PATH=“$PATH:/Users/ubom/bin/kotlin-native-1.5.10/bin”
Then: source ~/.bashrc
However when ran: ‘command not found’, ‘directory not found’
This book is so old I think I’m going to burn out maybe I should burn the book before I burn out LOL

Are you on a mac or windows machine? These look like the instructions for mac.

If you are on mac, export PATH="$PATH:/Users/ubom/bin/kotlin-native-1.5.10/bin should be added to your ~/.bashrc (or equivalent) rather than run as a command, then the source command executed.

Hi V, I restarted Terminal, yet ‘command not found’ - checkout the png. Thanks as always.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 12.25.47 AM

2022-02-25-18-29-29

Hello, @_iniubom! Thank you for taking the time to work through our book.

I’m Manda, the Community Manager. I’m reaching out on behalf of the team to offer some support. We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. It seems you’ve having more issues than is usual, and as our book team is available to help with occasional support only, I offer a few other solutions:

1. If you are struggling with any of the concepts in the book, I’d encourage you to dive deeper into those areas on your own via our Android and Kotlin Learning Paths: https://www.raywenderlich.com/android/paths.

2. You can seek additional help through our community of learners in our Android group on our Discord server: Discord

3. You can continue to log issues you see here and our team will be looking into all feedback when they update the book, which they usually do every 12-18 months.

Whichever option you take, I’d gently remind you that we foster a friendly and supportive community here, always, so please be mindful of that as you interact with others. The teams work very hard on the content and are always open to feedback; disrespectful gestures such as suggestion the books merit burning won’t be tolerated in this space. Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you, again, for reaching out. You can reach me directly if you have any more questions about getting support or about our community code of conduct: manda@razeware.com

Best,
Manda

@_iniubom Hi! I wasn’t experiencing your exact same issue, but I realized I was downloading kotlin-compiler-1.5.10.zip and not kotlin-native-macos-1.5.10.tar.gz. I didn’t see the same file structure as the example in the book, or find/use the same files/paths, and it was because of that.

Hope it helps at all.