Chapter 2 Starter project won't import correctly

I decided to start Chapter 2 with the Stater project as I wasn’t sure if I had imported all of the assets correctly for Chapter 1.

Unfortunately when I opened the folder Bobblehead Wars in the Chapter 2 folder: firstly Unity crashed and after selecting reopen, the project opens but with 66 “timestamp errors” on various files mostly relating to assets and some dll’s.

I have reinstalled Unity 5.5 (for Mac) from scratch and also downloaded and extracted the books zip file again. I still get the same results. I can start a new project, without crashes or errors.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Actually I’m getting the same behaviour on ALL Starter projects, so I assume it must be something particular to my setup. Following a book is error prone if you don’t know what your doing, so I rely on the starter projects to get me out of hole.

Has anyone got any ideas what I’m doing wrong here?

Hey @brunothedog,

I’ve never seen errors like that before.
Could you try the following:

Close the project and delete both the Temp and Library folders, then try reopening the project. This will generate some new files and should let you continue working with the project.

Let me know if that works, if not, we’ll get this working one way or another.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you for your help @blackdragonbe.

That seemed to work. I followed your suggestion for both Chapter 2 and Chapter 4 Starter files and both now load without issue.

Thanks again.

Matt

1 Like