Chapter 12, Checklists, static cells

Hi,

Working my way through the book. In Checklists, I am adding static cells (page 280). When I run the app and click on the plus sign to add an item, the new cell in “Add item” is incredibly thin. What did I do wrong? Does it have anything to do with the constraints (which I set to 0,0,0,0)?

Hi @frostbite, welcome to the community! Have you tried removing the constraints to see if that worked? If so maybe try taking a look at the size inspector which should allow you to adjust the height of the cell under row height.

Best,
Gina

@gdelarosa, thanks! It did the trick. I set the height to 43.5 which was filled in (but not applied). Is there a standard height for cells?

Awesome! Good question on the standard height. I think it mostly has to do with preference based off the contents that are in one’s cell. Apple’s documentation mentions the type property automaticDimension “which causes the table view to choose an appropriate height based on your cell’s content.” It could be used if you prefer not to use rowHeight.

Best,
Gina

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.