Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group

raywenderlich.com Forums

Accessing Heart Rate Data for Your ResearchKit Study

In this tutorial, you'll learn how to easily access heart rate data from HealthKit and use it in a ResearchKit study.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/1446-accessing-heart-rate-data-for-your-researchkit-study

Thank you Matt for this really helpful tutorial.

To use real data instead of mockdata, do I remove this line:
let heartRateQuantity = HKQuantity(unit: HKUnit(fromString: “count/min”),
doubleValue: Double(arc4random_uniform(80) + 100))
Or do I just remove ‘doubleValue: Double(arc4random_uniform(80) + 100))’
I’m having trouble understanding which part of the code is the mock rate and which part is real?

Also If I want to stop the measure on a ‘stop’ button tapped (eg ‘stopped walking’, like you had a button for started walking), instead of the set duration timer, how can I do that?

eg You noted that ORKActiveStep is the set duration lines “class MusicStep: ORKActiveStep {
var clip: MusicClip!
}”
Do I remove that code as well as all of the code in ‘Music Step’? And then just as you have the UI Button for ‘walktapped’ which leads to HealthKitManager.startMockHeartData(), I can add another UI button for HealthKitManager.startMockHeartData()

Hi, I am also wondering how to use the real data, have you found a solution?

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]