About the Advanced iOS App Architecture category

This is the official forum for our book, Advanced iOS App Architecture, available here: https://www.raywenderlich.com/books/advanced-ios-app-architecture

for us to know! just those chapters?

Hi, @chrisrazeware. As per the early access release of the book, it basically covers three architecture patterns:

1. MVVM
  2. Redux
  3. Elements

Is there any plan for including other patterns, such as VIPER?

Hi @vishal.deep, we’re looking at including more architectures in the next edition of the book. Which ones in particular would you like to see?

1 Like

Hi @chrisrazeware,

I think VIPER, MVP and Clean Architecture (Clean Swift) would be very interesting for me.

2 Likes

I would like to see VIPER and Clean Architecture.

@chrisrazeware Hi :slight_smile:

Are there any news on the topic? I would agree with the users commenting before me regarding VIPER, MVP, Clean (Swift)

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello guys! Just bought this book and was surprised that there is no VIPER.

Hi folks. Thanks so much for being a reader! We’re looking forward to exploring more architectures in future editions and will keep you posted!

Please consider including a non Reactive MVVM approach such as the Kickstarter iOS MVVM (inputs and outputs) and possibly best practices and a touch on the Factory pattern or Decorator pattern?
It’d be good to include a design pattern we can use for networking. (Singleton pattern with some way of initializing it for application state like beta vs release?)

1 Like

Excellent book. When can I download & study the Source Code?

Any update on release date

1 Like

Hi @video, the source code is available from the book’s page, https://store.raywenderlich.com/products/advanced-ios-app-architecture. Make sure you are signed in and you should see an orange download button on this page where you can download the book + the source code.

Hi @walter_yaron, we expect the first version to be available this spring. We are currently writing the very last chapter. We can’t wait to share what we’ve written since the preview. Cheers.

1 Like

Hey there, Chris, and others. I just wanted to let you know, I bought the pre-release version of this book, and I’m really enjoying it so far. Great job! I’m looking forward to the final release. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Is this the release version?

Hi @michaelangelo716, the current version is an early access copy. The complete first version of the book will be available this spring. Thanks for reaching out. Let us know what you think. We’ll be working on updates after v1 is out.

Cheers,
Rene

Hi everyone, just a heads up that the complete first edition is out today! Get your updated copy and let us know what you think. Cheers :]

1 Like

Hi, are there any news on the topic? I would agree with the users commenting before me too, regarding VIPER, MVP, Clean Architecture (Swift)

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your feedback, we have these items on our backlog. Just a heads up, we are currently planning on focusing our efforts on updating the material for SwiftUI and Combine, so it may take some time to get to these. Also, it’s possible that SwiftUI may change how usable these architectures are as well. We’ll keep an eye on this and keep you all posted here. Thanks again.

1 Like