Your Second Kotlin Android App - Part 31: Using the | Ray Wenderlich

With your new fragment ready to go, you'll need to use it to handle all layout for the list detail activity.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/4534-your-second-kotlin-android-app/lessons/31

I understand this is a pretty new video, but I think I encountered some errors in this step. You remove the variables for the recycler view in the list detail activity, but don’t remove everything referencing those variables, nor do you show how to display the list detail fragment from the list detail activity.
When modifying the extra large content main, you hover your cursor over the line tools:showIn="@layout/activity_list" for a second because it has an error, but never resolve that error.
The final/starter project materials are fairly inconsistent and I have been unable to find working code to reference in order to get my project to run correctly.

Otherwise, great work! I really have learned a lot here, thank you.

If you keep watching, we resolve issues in the next two videos. Just keep working through the series and you’ll get there. If that doesn’t answer your question, let me know and we can walk through the issues. Thanks so much!

hello,

here on this line:

list = arguments.getParcelable(MainActivity.INTENT_lIST_KEY)

i get this error

Only safe (?.) or non-null asserted (!!.) calls are allowed on a nullable receiver of type Bundle?

in the IDE and im using:

Android Studio 3.4
Build #AI-183.5429.30.34.5452501, built on April 10, 2019
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-1343-b01 amd64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Windows 10 10.0

Hello Nicolas.zein

Here is my solution:

override fun onCreate(savedInstanceState: Bundle?) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState)
var bundle = this.arguments
if (bundle != null) {
list = bundle.getParcelable(MainActivity.INTENT_LIST_KEY)
}
}