Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group

Your Second iOS and SwiftUI App · Observable Objects | raywenderlich.com

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5662524-your-second-ios-and-swiftui-app/lessons/13

The final example code download for the “Observable Object” lesson seems to have a bug (at least on my machine, I am running Xcode 11.1). When you press the + button and add a new task, when the modal is dismissed the + button becomes unresponsive and you can’t display the new task modal dialog again. I noticed in the next lesson “Deleting From List” final download code, it has the same problem BUT if you try to delete a task (just initiate the delete but don’t commit it), the + button becomes functional again. I wonder if this is a bug in Xcode 11.1.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this!

This bug is new to me; I didn’t see it in the Xcode 11.0-11.1 beta lifecycle. But SwiftUI has been notorious for introducing new bugs with every new Xcode release. :crying_cat_face: And it’s still occurring in the Xcode 11.2 / iOS 13.2 beta. I’ll report it to Apple and update the materials for these episodes if necessary.