XCode Crashes when adding image to Tile Set

This is the error message I receive when Xcode crashes as I try to add images to a tile set. The images came from Itch Co and are part of the Kenney.nl asset bundle mentioned in the duck tile map game on raywenderlich.com.

The crash occurred immediately as I released the mouse from a drag and drop to add the image, but only on addition of the 6th image. I reopened and tried to only add the 6th image in the list and still crashed.

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
ProductBuildVersion: 9F2000
abort() called
*** error for object 0x7fee5627ac00: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

@dmckinney14 Please let me know which tutorial are you talking about exactly. Thank you! :]

This isn’t directly a tutorial, I’m using tile images from kenny.nl asset packages but every time I drag the image, XCode crashes. I believe its a resolution issue.

This may or may not be related to your issue… but I was having the exact same problem with images and tilemaps. I could add images without issue to the assets file, but when I attempted to add them to the tilemap, xCode crashed immediately. After some creative troubleshooting, I determined that the images I was using were saved at 96ppi. I scaled them down to 72ppi and the problem disappeared.

So, you might take a look at your images and see if that’s your issue. Good luck!

Scot

Am having the same issue in Xcode 10. Xcode crashing as soon as I drag an image to a new single tile group. Very frustrating. Has any one found a solution to this problem

I did a similar trick as simonappz. I attached a lower resolution monitor to my Mac and was able to do them on the second dual monitor which scaled them down to a lower resolution.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.