Wish list for book additions ;-)

Finished the book a few days ago. Thanks for the great start with Metal.

I was wondering if you plan new content for later versions. If so, here’s my wishlist. :wink:

• Argument Buffers
  • Indirect Command Buffers (CPU and GPU generated)
  • Atomic Functions in the MSL - I feel like these are really important for solving hard problems in compute kernels (e.g. counters, queues, other data structures like octrees, Hilbert r-trees, graphs, etc). Just stumbling along trying to see if I can make it work and it if performs.

There’s also all of this new stuff related to tile functionality including the ImageBlock stuff. I don’t understand it well enough to know if I need it yet.

I have recommended your book a few places already.

Thanks again,
~chuck

1 Like

Congratulations @cocheret !!! and thank you for the kind words :pray:

You guessed successfully what’s on our list for the next version :slightly_smiling_face: there are two other topics I cannot disclose at the moment so those will be a surprise for you!

Thanks, @cocheret, and well done for finishing the book!

It’s always hard to know what to include, especially when we have space and time constraints, but our wishlist looks very similar to yours :smiley:

I haven’t been here in a while. Just wondering if you have any ETA on any updates (or might there have been any updates since December?).

@cocheret we will update the book most likely in the fall.