Will raywenderlich.com Books be Updated for Swift 4.2 and iOS 12? | Ray Wenderlich

As always, you want to know if we’ll be updating our book lineup for Swift 4.2, iOS 12 and Xcode 10. Find out here!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/6775-will-raywenderlich-com-books-be-updated-for-swift-4-2-and-ios-12

Hi (Post must be at least 20 characters)

1 Like

The only and actual book on SceneKit won’t be actual anymore :slightly_frowning_face:
And there won’t be any book on SceneKit :frowning_face:

I hope you will change your mind and will consider to update 3D Apple Games by Tutorials maybe later … in the next year … on Swift 5 release :wink: because SceneKit isn’t only about game development :slight_smile:

What about a book on Testing (Unit Test, UI Test, etc). you could also cover SOLID principles to improve testability. What do you guys think?

@diler That is a great idea, and definitely something we are considering! :]

I must agree here. I’m a little disappointed that the SpriteKit and SceneKit books are being dropped. I typically focus only on iOS and prefer not to be forced down the route of Unity with which I have not got on well with in the past.