Where to start research on scraping color data from websites?

Hi there,

I’m loving the tutorials on this site so far! I’ve learned so much already.

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to start researching the ability to scrape color data from the internet? Specifically, I would like the user to be able to enter a URL and have the app automatically look at the color data on a webpage and/or a photo. I would then perform various sampling and averaging operations in code to present color palettes to the user.

I should mention that I’m not looking for anyone to do my work for me, I’m just looking for a starting point, a nudge in the right direction.

Thank you for any advice you might have on this!

• Nick

Hi @nickmaxwell, I am really glad to hear that you are loving the tutorials! For scraping color data, I would suggest this website as a starting point, http://colorhunt.co/ . It is a collection of color pallets. As a starting point, I would use that website and try out one of these two libraries below that can be used to parse HTML data with Swift,
GitHub - scinfu/SwiftSoup: SwiftSoup: Pure Swift HTML Parser, with best of DOM, CSS, and jquery (Supports Linux, iOS, Mac, tvOS, watchOS)
GitHub - tid-kijyun/Kanna: Kanna(鉋) is an XML/HTML parser for Swift.

Hope this can be a great starting point for you. Best,
Gina

Thanks Gina! This is a really great starting point to go from :grin:

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.