What's the largest amount of unread email you've had in your inbox?

My husband getā€™s on my case about having way too much unopened email. Iā€™m talking 99+ here! How does it all pile up? Geese Louise! Do you have more than me? Doubt it! Number to beat is 387 and thatā€™s from only two email addresses combinedā€¦yes I know I have a problem, donā€™t change the subject!

I think the most I had at one point was five.
It pays not to be popular and knowing as few people on the planet as you possible can.

I frequently have 150 or so unread emails after not checking email after a long-weekend vacation. I get way too many emails!

Wow! Thatā€™s a lot for a long weekend! Arenā€™t you mister popular?

Thatā€™s all? I get so much junk mail (that I let pile up), I think my unread over a few accounts was over 15K!

1 Like

Props to you, neptunenancy!!! Impressive

I donā€™t know if itā€™s impressive or highlights my laziness when it comes to my email inbox! lol

I guess I just have more interesting things to do (coding, for one) than deleting junk email!

Yeah same here. Hey! We should be buddies! Iā€™d love to talk to you about your work!

Wow, when I see you talking about more than 100 mails I got scared : I always try to keep a ā€œ10 mail unread maxā€ limit, but sometimes itā€™s hard to keep.

Iā€™m a person that doesnā€™t use her email for much, so thatā€™s kinda why I donā€™t pay to much mind to it. I bet you have a lot of important emails coming in.

I remember the first time I had over 10,000 unread emails in a hotmail account, which was mostly spam. Another time over 17,000 unread emails at work. I get a lot of email from automated systems that monitor the network, itā€™s truly insane. I donā€™t read most of them, and they get sorted and put into folders automatically.

Wow! Thatā€™s a lot of email! Isnā€™t there some kind of way to stop all of that automated stuff from coming in?

I just filter it into folders and read it when I need to find something. My non-automated emails are far less, maybe 10 to 30 a day, which is manageable.

That does sound a whole lot more manageable. Iā€™ve recently started unsubscribing to a lot of stuff. Some of these pesky emails make it tricky!!! Like Twitter! On the bottom of the email it says ā€œopt-outā€ā€¦and I tried everything else but that link. Turns out it meant ā€œunsubscribeā€. Lol.

(I know Iā€™m really late with this, just joined but I figured Iā€™d share anyway)

I always thought I was pretty bad sometimes my unread emails will accumulate to over 1k before I purge it. However, the last time I visited my father I was helping him configure some settings and the number above the Mail app was over 100,000. I want to say 102k or so. It made me wonder if thereā€™s an upper bound to the notification number. Does anyone know?

Hiya Princeton! The husband just looked it up and said before, it used to stop at ā€œ9,999ā€ or something like 12ā€¦05. Those amounts youā€™ve mentioned are ENORMOUS! I canā€™t even imagine gong through all that email and deleting it! Even if it were all junk ail, the actual process of ā€œslide to deleteā€ or ā€œselect all, delete allā€ could take days!

I have been spending the time to reduce the emails I get. If it isnā€™t important or something I actually want to read it gets dealt with. That has cut down the unread emails by a lot.