What is the best way to learn unity's C# API?

I have watched all of the C# tutorials on this site and found the videos extremely helpful. I have not really learnt anything on the API side though. Today I bought the ‘Unity Games By Tutorials’ book. I bought physical so I do not have it yet. I wanted to know if that book has an in depth tutorial for the unity API or if I should look elsewhere for that.

@supajbro
The book covers on a lot of the most common functionality that the API brings.
Besides that, I’ve found that the Unity Learn site is a good resource for exploring the API, especially the documentation.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll also learn a lot just from using intellisense and seeing what’s available when you type in ‘Mathf.’, ‘Physics.’ or ‘Vector3.’ for example. Googling around also helps if you want do perform a certain task but you’re not sure how to go about it.

In the end, the best way to learn is by doing, so I recommend joining game jams and try to make some small games. You don’t even have to finish them. I’ve learned A LOT from prototypes and games I’ve abandoned.

Go out there and make cool stuff, you’ll be familiar with Unity in no time!

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.