Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group Group

What is the best way to learn unity's C# API?

I have watched all of the C# tutorials on this site and found the videos extremely helpful. I have not really learnt anything on the API side though. Today I bought the ‘Unity Games By Tutorials’ book. I bought physical so I do not have it yet. I wanted to know if that book has an in depth tutorial for the unity API or if I should look elsewhere for that.

@supajbro
The book covers on a lot of the most common functionality that the API brings.
Besides that, I’ve found that the Unity Learn site is a good resource for exploring the API, especially the documentation.

If you’re anything like me, you’ll also learn a lot just from using intellisense and seeing what’s available when you type in ‘Mathf.’, ‘Physics.’ or ‘Vector3.’ for example. Googling around also helps if you want do perform a certain task but you’re not sure how to go about it.

In the end, the best way to learn is by doing, so I recommend joining game jams and try to make some small games. You don’t even have to finish them. I’ve learned A LOT from prototypes and games I’ve abandoned.

Go out there and make cool stuff, you’ll be familiar with Unity in no time!

Cheers!

closed #3

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.