Kodeco Forums

What is… Nuke?

This article gives a quick overview of Nuke, an open source Swift framework for loading, processing, caching, displaying, and preheating images.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.raywenderlich.com/118361/what-is-nuke

Thanks for the great introduction. Nuke is definitely another option to add to the tool belt.

HanekeSwift is also another good caching option - although it doesn’t have the preheating tableview option which sounds super useful.

1 Like

I have to say I am very impressed with Nuke. My collection view was a bit choppy using AlamofireImage and switching to Nuke fixed the problem. BTW, just curious, is anybody else having performance issues with AFImage?

This article is amazing! Nuke was the solution to my choppy scrolling! But I have to say, I do miss the options I had with KF. options like fade animations and knowing the progress of image downloads. Nuke doesn’t seem to have them. Knowing the progress would have been nice to have so I could create a loading bar or something.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. We will update it as soon as possible. Thank you! :]