What is a mobile app development process and how many steps involved in it?

Some one please help me to understand the process of mobile app development. I am new in this field.
Help me out to understand the each stage/step of mobile app development process.

The questions is maybe not one that has a definite answer!

For me, it’s idea - > (optionally) talk to others about it → do it → move on.

For someone doing this as an independent developer who makes money from the App Store it might include steps like “hire designer”, “gather TestFlight users”, “release” and “regular updates”.

For someone working in a digital agency you could add “inform client that $feature is impossible on their budget”.

So what kind of developer do you want to be? If you’re asking is there an official process that we all follow - no way.

Thanks aeberbach for your reply.
Actually I am looking for app to one of my product and wanted to know mobile app development cycle and steps involved in it.
So we move forward…

Hi @bluentitweb,
if you are still looking and haven’t yet got your app reach out. Are you looking at creating it yourself or are you looking at understanding the process before you engage someone to create it for you.

cheers,

It will contain 4 easy steps-
Stage 1: Pre-Design

Pre-design is the first stage of the app development process, where we take a project from the initial brief – whether that’s one line or thirty pages – into a workable strategy. This means working out everything from what the product’s about and who it’s aimed at, to what technologies it should use and how we will measure success.

Pre-design makes sure you get off to the right start with the design and development of your app, and ensures a great final product.
Stage 2: Design

Once you have completed the pre-design stage and you’ve got the full recommendation of approach, you’re ready to move onto design.
Stage 3: Development

Having completed the pre-design and design stages, now it’s time to actually build it.

What do I need to begin development?

The design stage should have provided you with a wireframe, showing all of the app’s screens and how they connect, and visual designs for each of those screens. In our case, we also build an interactive prototype to give a sense of how using the app will feel.
Stage 4: Support

Having completed each of the stages outlined so far in this guide, you should now have a live app which your target audience has started using. At this point you will move into the fourth and final stage – Support.

1 Like

In app development process, include idea, strategy, design, development and post launch phases.

Hi there, This is Chris, I am a mobile app developer in Uplogic Technologies.

Mobile application development is the process of creating software applications that run on a mobile device, and a typical mobile application utilizes a network connection to work with remote computing resources.

Process:

• Market research,
  • Choosing the platform,
  • User-friendly UX/UI design,
  • Testing,
  • Deployment,
  • Regular update.

Hello

To answer the shared query in slight detail

We need to have an extensive research & ideation about an app so that what exact challenges are we resolving of our dedicated target audience in turn our mobile app soon becomes viral.

To answer in more detail considering the developmental aspect the first process we need have is-

1. Wireframing & Designing- Once we are done with research & an app idea with list of functionalities are documented uiux designer’s come up with wireframes (low fidelity diagram) which can give better clarity of functionalities thoroughly. Post approval of wire frames the pilot job which is started is designing work following Brand Guidelines thoroughly.

2)Front-End Development- Once designs are approved developers generally start with frontend part making code smart using several technologies including HTML, CSS, JavScript, React, Angular & any more

1. Back-End & CMS- Followed by front-end back end aspect is completed making code robust & secure developing CMS for dynamic functionalities thoroughly using multiple tech stack such Flutter, Ionic Xamrin, Ionic & many more

4)Testing-Once mobile app development is fully completed it then follows multiple testing to avoid maximum bugs if any.

5)Deployment- Once tested mobile app is deployed on main server & further uploading android & ios by getting their acute subscription.

Above shared is the very brief process of mobile app development.
Thoughts if any???

The mobile app development process is a structured journey to transform an idea into a fully functional mobile application. It involves several key steps, ensuring a successful and user-friendly end product.

1. Idea Generation
  2. Market Research
  3. Planning
  4. Design
  5. Development
  6. Testing
  7. Deployment
  8. Launch
  9. Post-launch Support
  10. Maintenance
  11. Analytics and Optimization
  12. Scaling