Welcome to the raywenderlich.com Forums!

Ray,

I have to be a very dumb person as, i have been trying for months to learn swift coding and iOS development. I have no coding background it i am sure this is a skill that can be learned. It has been a huge struggle. Any tips or tricks. As i keep trying and keep failing to learn this skill. Please help. I need to change my life and career, but having trouble learning the needed skills.

Wow sorry for the belated responses on some of these folks, just noticed there were a bunch of comments here!

@goodking I think your approach of pulling the card data dynamically (such as from JSON) is much better than hard-coding the data in. In the first game I developed, I did a very similar thing, where all of the game logic (which monsters to spawn, their characteristics, etc) was in an XML file that the game used. This made it much easier to tweak the gameplay. Good luck!

@smurfcho @witterdevelops @stephanieotani @lesedi123 @gibo1021 @astro It’s nice to meet you, and welcome to the site! :]

@fusetech Good idea! I don’t have time to write this but if someone does I’ll sticky it :]

@rrozen01 The search functionality may have been linking to an old video. Our new course that covers navigation controllers is this: https://videos.raywenderlich.com/courses/94-your-second-swift-4-ios-11-app/lessons/22

@cassette There are thousands of people who got their start as iOS developers through this site, so you’re in the right place! :]

@lac_ekim No ETA on when the update for Advanced Swift will be coming but it’s on our radar. My personal preference between those two is Vapor.

@carverparkes Don’t give up - it may be a struggle but if you keep with it, you’ll definitely be able to learn it! I recommend you check out our book the iOS Apprentice - it’s for complete beginners and walks you through everything step-by-step. Just block off some time and do a chapter or two a day! :]

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome

Hey, I have this weird problem with PyGame, Can you help?
This is my error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Users/anirudhmenon/Documents/=tfdsd.py”, line 1, in
import pygame
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/init.py”, line 95, in
from pygame.base import *
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/base.so, 2): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pygame/base.so: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

Hey guys ) I’m a newbie here )

@rwenderlich @0xtim Thank you so much! Ray I have to thank you for putting this on your site and @0xtim for being so helpful. I have been learning a lot due to this site.

1 Like

Thanks @lac_ekim - I’m so happy to hear you’ve been enjoying the site, and @0xtim’s course! :]

I’m unable to post in the Official Tutorials section. I have questions about code that is demonstrated in the Server Side Swift series of videos and I need to get some answers. Unfortunately the button to create a new topic is disabled. What am I doing wrong here?

@rwenderlich I am not able watch any videos from past two weeks. Web page shows only gray background, no player view is appearing. Please solve this ASAP.

@statemachinejunkie Do you still have this issue? Thanks!

@yusufansar Do you still have this issue? Thanks!

@shogunkaramazov Now no issues. Thanks!

Just checked, it is now working for me. Thanks.

Hello guys…My name is Emma… and I am involved in the mobile app development!

I think you have to finish the tutorial with the bot. At least that is what I did and I now can reply and start discussions.

Oh, sorry I replied to a old post.

Hello!
I just subscribed to website… but, I’m so disappointed with it. I can’t open any videos :frowning:
Please help.

@iswiftshek What kind of error do you get exactly when you play them?

If I subscribe monthly plan can I access all videos of that month

@divakar You can access all videos from any month as long as you stay subscribed.

Look here:-

The same error. I’ve tried everything. This is the second time I’m subscribing to the site, but again… the same, no videos play.
I need to learn a few topics urgently, please help!

Thank you