Kodeco Forums

Video Tutorial: Intermediate Realm on iOS Part 5: Migrations Part 2

In this Realm video tutorial, you'll learn how to evolve your schema migration as you release new app versions.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/3245-intermediate-realm-on-ios/lessons/6

Hello Marin. Great tutorial.

I have a question. Let’s say that we have in our schema 1, a property called multichoice which is Bool
We have our schema 2 where we remove it
Then we re-introduce it as a String.

Supposedly a user skips the schema 2 update and goes straight to schema 3. How can we handle this case?

First of all that sounds like an extreme situation - something probably went wrong in the design process of the schema. You are losing the information about previous schemas if the user has already upgraded to your version 2 … I.e. if they have already upgraded to 2 the app will not “remember” that in 1 there was a property called “mulitchoice”, so when the user is migrating from 2 to 3 you don’t have a way to migrate values from 1 to 3

why the ‘let’ variable statusText: String, can be associated? I typed those code above into my xcode, it got an error. And it is a weird code

What error do you get?

Sorry, It works well, The error was my fault