Kodeco Forums

Video Streaming Tutorial for iOS: Getting Started

In this video streaming tutorial, you'll learn how to build a video streaming app using AVKit and AVFoundation frameworks.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5191-video-streaming-tutorial-for-ios-getting-started

USEFUL tutorial,learned so much! Thanks luke_parham.

If you use HLS it does stream switching automatically, Is there any way to choose the stream manually? like youtube does.

Hi. I can’t find the link to download the tutorial’s resources. Did I miss something? Thanks.

@josephpnc Please use the Download materials button either at the top or bottom of the tutorial to download the sample project. Thank you!

@luke_parham Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

@shogunkaramazov ah I realize i was looking at it on my mobile phone. The button shows when I use my laptop. Thanks.

Is there a way to make this play a UDP stream? In the format of udp://@239.1.1.2:5000 (for example). I can get HTTP addresses to work but not UDP.

@davemo Do you still have issues with this?

@shogunkaramazov Thanks for the reply! Yes, its an app i intend to make in the next couple of months. Im a noob so im just learning but it seemed that AVplayer wasnt able to play a stream like above so i was considering using VLCkit. Unless of course im wrong about that? (I hope so!)

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!