Version 2.0 and some remarks

Hey @lolgrep !

Big thanks to you for new shiny release of a most advanced iOS book in the world. It’s amazing that you’ve rebuilt so much stuff. It seems that I have to start over with new version haha! I’ve noticed that the first chapter is almost totally new.

Nevertheless, I have some remarks. You don’t explain what exactly LLDB is. Sure, it’s debugger, but what LLDB stands for? How it was born? Who created it and why? Generally, what debugger means? There is also LLVM and it would be great to know all prehistory of debugging in Xcode. Certainly, I did some research and found all answers (if you’re interested the most valuable for me is “what is the difference between lldb console in Xcode and Terminal?”), but what about developers who never used lldb console? Actually they can debug their projects via Xcode tools.

Hope we’ll get some new chapters and if you will need help I will be always ready to share my research results with you!

Hey @relex thank you for the feedback. I like your thinking on this, if this is shaping into the unofficial “LLDB book”, then I do need the history in there. I’ll put something in (maybe in the preface?) for v3

Keep the feedback coming. This stuff really does help me out

It would be helpful if the forums for each book were subdivided into chapters. It would eliminate looking at non-helpful posts when a reader has a question specific the chapter being read.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.