Use phone number of incoming call to trigger a database request

Hi!

I would like to use the phone number of an incoming call to trigger a server request. More specifically, I have a list of the phone numbers of the users of the app, and ideally I would like to match the phone number of an incoming call to one of these. If there is a match, I want this to trigger the mentioned server request.

I know that CallKit enables the link between the native phone UI and VoIP apps, but in my case I just want to link the incoming call from the native phone system via (possibly) CallKit to the matching script, and finally from the matching to the server.

I know that Apple considers incoming call phone numbers private, which makes it impossible to extract phone numbers directly, but can you think of a way to trigger this server request?

@andersv Thanks very much for your question!

If Apple considers incoming phone calls private, then I am not sure if it will be possible to trigger a unique action based on a call received. With Apple buckling down on privacy issues, I think actions like this will not be possible.

Perhaps you may want to consider an alternative approach like using a separate app that the user must use to make calls like WhatsApp? Just an idea.

I hope this helps!

All the best.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.