Updating Game to Support iPhone X

I ran into an issue updating my game to be compatible with iPhone X.

Currently, I have a single .sks file for the game scene which adapts properly to all iPhone devices and iPad devices. But, once I test it on iPhone X, things are cut off screen.

I re-adjust the dimensions of the scene and background images to be compatible with the new iPhone X aspect ratio. Tested it, and it works on all iPhones. But, now the iPad does not display it correctly. The screen is zoomed in on iPad and things are cut off.

What can I do to fix this? I used the methods presented in the tutorials books for SpriteKit to create my game but now with the iPhone X, I can’t seem to get this working.

Any suggestions is highly appreciated!

Hi @saycod, are you using safe areas and auto layout? Also, feel free to post a picture of the screen you are having difficulty with. I’d suggest taking a look at the interface builder and enabling the safe areas in the file inspector. It might be worth a shot to see if the layout gets updated with safe area being checked.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.