Unsuccessful iOS 10 downgrade - bricked iphone 5c

Hi, has anyone successfully downgraded their device from ios 10 beta?

Downloaded ios9 via itunes restore, iphone showed loading bar then an itunes error “The iphone “iPhone” could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014).” Phone froze showing the loading bar with no progress. After a few mins of nothing happening and no progress on the loading bar together with the itunes error i unplugged it (looks like this was the mistake).

Phone won’t display anything and itunes says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.”, each time I click to restore, itunes gives the same 4014 error and i can’t hard reset the phone with the home and power button. Looks like it’s stuck in recovery mode

I installed the beta software before seeing the warnings about not using it on your primary phone.

Search for this on Stackoverflow. You can take your phone to an Apple Store if you aren’t able to get it working.

Right, never put the betas on anything you actilually need to use. They can be rough and buggy this far away from release (September).

Try a hard reset while the phone is plugged into USB. You should at least get the display to show the recovery mode screen (looks like an outline of a lightning plug and an iTunes logo). From there you may be able to restore the iPhone past what you’ve already done.

When I hard reset while it’s plugged in, it prompts itunes to give the error “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes”, but doesn’t display anything on the phone. Hard reset when not plugged in displays nothing.

Doesn’t look like too many people have this problem looking online and on stackoverflow. One person fixed it by changing the cable, didn’t work for me. I also tried to restore on another mac. I’ll keep researching.

Thanks for the reply but this was from July 2016. This can be closed now.