Kodeco Forums

Unity Tutorial Part 3: Components

In the final part of our Unity tutorial series, you'll learn how to make your first game in Unity with C# from scratch: a twin-stick shooter called Bobblehead Wars!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/5648-unity-tutorial-part-3-components

Thanks a lot! This is an amazing book. It teaches you the basics of Unity plus the basics of modeling, texturing and animating in Blender. And this is super important because getting stuff done in Unity is just a part of the whole game creation process. Have you guys ever considered writing a book about 2D and/or 3D game art ?

Thanks so much, I’m glad you enjoyed the book. It was certainly a labor of love! We have lots of book proposals in the pipeline. I’ll make sure to put a vote in for game art. Cheers!

First of all: Thanks a lot for this! Very clear instructions! I do have one question though: I have trouble understanding one specific aspect of the LERP function: if it moves the CameraMount towards the player, shouldn’t the camera be moving down as well? How come the camera is only follow the player on the X and Z planes and not the Y plane? Since it’s just calculating the difference between the position of the player and the cameramount … there should be a difference in the y position as well?
Thanks in advance!

Hey there, the reason the y axis isn’t being adjusted is that the player’s axis is always on the same level. The game movement essentially moves on the x and z axis. We ignore the y axis.

This tutorial is more than six months old so questions are no longer supported at the moment for it. Thank you!