Unity 2017.1 will not play RobotRampage

Greetings. After a hiatus of a few months working through the Unity Games by Tutorials PDF, I decided to pick up with the second section… specifically Robot Rampage. Even more specifically the chapter 11 Final project files. I got the latest PDF version from this site (2017.1) as well as downloaded the latest Unity (2017.1) from the unity website.

Opening RobotRampage chapter 11 final showed a warning with the following message:
The saved project (2017.1.0f3) does not match the launched editor (2017.1.1f1).

I basically understand that: the version of Unity I am using is even newer than the version that was used to build the RR project. Opening the project continues, though, but I can’t run it. Everything, in fact, in the Unity editor is red and I don’t see what I would expect in the Scene. It’s basically empty.

Any recommendations on how to proceed?

• is it possible to get the project files updated for 2017.1.1f1?
  • or do I need to downgrade my version of Unity? Is it possible to re-install an older version?

Thanks.

One additional note: I’m not having this issue with BobbleHead Wars. It shows the same warning about unity versions, but the game is playable in the editor.

This topic was automatically closed after 166 days. New replies are no longer allowed.