Testing in iOS - Part 17: Mocking Tests | Ray Wenderlich

Writing tests for your mock objects takes a little bit of reworking. This video walks you through the process.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.raywenderlich.com/3530-testing-in-ios/lessons/17

Because there is no discussion, I might assume most of this information confused viewers. Again, I am puzzled why the focus on testing non-production code.

@bdmoakley Do you have any feedback regarding this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Iā€™d rather test the actual module than to fake or mock up a module to increase test speed. What happens if an enhancement request requires a change to the loadContent method? You have to remember to make the corresponding change in your mock module. Iā€™d rather have the test case test the actual module than for it to run quickly, then if some change has broken something, we will know.

@bdmoakley Can you please help with this when you get a chance? Thank you - much appreciated! :]

Hi, The materials is good but i would rather prefer to see how the stubbing works and what does fake mean, instead of sending an empty data, if you can make this tutorial it will be great.

@bdmoakley Do you have any feedback about this? Thank you - much appreciated! :]